Re: Updating ProvRDF

I agree with Stain here. Given the bandwidth I think this is the way to go.

Thanks
Paul

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <
soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

>  I would be interested, but don't have time.. :(
>
> I would personally just add a fat banner with an "outdated" warning and
> links to relevant  recommendation sections and let the existing content
> stay.
> On 6 May 2013 16:39, "James Cheney" <jcheney@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The ProvRDF page [1] is still out of date.  We had a request back in
>> February to update it.  Now that the documents are finalized, and before
>> the wiki is frozen, it would be nice to do one of the following:
>>
>> 1. update it to reflect the final version of PROV-O and PROV-N, and link
>> to it from the main wiki page to make it easier to find in the future if
>> it's helpful to others; or
>>
>> 2. remove or deprecate the wiki page to make it clear that it is an
>> intermediate artifact and doesn't reflect final versions of PROV.  (Of
>> course, people should know this from the fact that it isn't featured in the
>> recommendations, but it would be good to avoid any possibility of
>> confusion.)  Tim, I see you already added a note to this effect and linked
>> to Hector's notes.  So maybe all that is needed is to update the wiki page
>> to say that the mapping not going to be updated.
>>
>> For (1), Hector Perez-Urbina sent some comments [2,3] that could be used
>> as a starting point - this seems relatively complete (it only appears to
>> omit agent, specialization, alternate, membership).  But I would like to
>> have someone more familiar with PROV-O than I am help to translate these to
>> the form used in the current version of [1].
>>
>> Concretely, Tim or Stian, would you be interested / do you have time?
>>
>> I'm happy to do (2) if no one steps up to help with (1).
>>
>> --James
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF
>> [2]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-comments/2013Feb/0005.html
>> [3]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-comments/2013Feb/att-0005/PROV-NtoPROV-Omappings.pdf
>>

>> --

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Web & Media Group | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam