Re: PROV-ISSUE-473 (generating-activity): Unique generation events and activities [prov-dm-constraints]

From: Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:25:30 +0100
To: Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: public-prov-wg@w3.org
On 10/08/2012 11:45, Luc Moreau wrote:
> As a reminder, nowhere in prov-dm, we define a notion of event.
> Events are only defined in prov-constraints.

I noticed this, and had been wondering if I should comment.

I don't think it's a technical problem, but did wonder if it might be source of
confusion (events being described somewhat differently across the two
documents).  I think I had previously suggested that events might be defined
explicitly in DM, making them easier to talk about, and reference in (say) the
ontology, but I'm not sure offhand if that opens a different can of worms.

#g