Re: Formalizing PROV-Constraints in OWL?

On 07/08/2012 14:38, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Isn't it possible to express the constraints with SPARQL ASK (using filters inside)? Those would return TRUE or FALSE at the query, that may do the trick...
>
>> Although I am not native with SPIN, I don't think SPIN rules [1] are
>> necessarily restricted to a particular product, it is based on SPARQL,
>> just generating new 'Invalid' statements when something is wrong.
>> Could you not just run a SPARQL query to find validations afterwards?
>> Paul?
>
> Well, as far as I know
>
> - In SPIN one has to convert SPARQL statements into RDF, which makes it fairly unreadable in my view (and I do not think that would be helpful for us)
> - SPIN has additional object-oriented-like features (?this, constructors, etc) which sound very useful indeed but (a) require a specific processor to run them and (b) I am not sure they are needed for us.
>
> That is why I am, at this moment, more in favour of keeping to pure SPARQL.

FWIW, you might be able to hack up some tests fairly quickly using my ASQC
client:  https://github.com/gklyne/asqc.  Also at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/asqc/0.1.3 (though probably not the very latest
version).

It's still a bit rough in places, but it's worked for me on a couple of
occasions to do some quick-and-dirty SPARQLing.

(The SPARQL heavy lifting here is done using rdflib.)