Re: Fwd: Using Statement Identifiers to Manage Provenance

Olaf,

I think the issue of mutability/immutability is not primarily one of technical
architecture, but one of management of resources.  (Like "cool URIs".)  I think
that assuming a purely technical solution can ensure immutability on the Web
will not work.  The best we might achieve with purely technical means is being
able to detect when something has changed.

I think we should probably stand back a little from these debates on individual
technical issues and start from a clear consensus of what we need to achieve,
and how the web architectural framework shoes our options.  I'm planning a
separate message on this later, but have another meeting right now.