Re: updated example

Paul,

Thanks for considering my suggestion for multiple sources.

My intent was to let the chart have two sources, not the article.

Your modification discusses:

article_1 = text_1 +  image_1 + chart_1

My concern with using this to represent multi-source considerations is that each component of the composition "stands alone" well, i.e., the whole of content is roughly equal to the sum of the its parts.

In contrast, in a multi-source chart, the whole of the resulting content is _more_ than the sum of its parts.

chart_1 >  data_1 + data_2

Take, for example, fuel prices (with something like [1]).

If the chart was the result of plotting data provided solely by the UK government, then an observer can see the chart, see the citation, and know that everything being shown was "asserted" by the government.

If, however, the chart portrayed the same fuel price data plotted against the fuel efficiency of a variety of car manufacturers, the chart maker is now saying something _new_, a claim such as "car manufacturers are making less efficient cars while fuel prices are skyrocketing" that is significantly more than what was provided by either original source.

Given such a provoking claim, an observer should be able to interrogate the provenance that lead to such a conclusion. The fuel efficiency could have come from a variety of sources:
* another UK dataset
* a consumer advocacy group
* BP
* the car manufacturers spec sheets

In each case, the observer can incorporate these sources when determining what conclusions they will draw themselves.

If the list provides feedback or agreement, then I can modify the example [2] or create a variant example on the wiki.

Regards,
Tim Lebo

[1] http://data.gov.uk/dataset/weekly_fuel_prices
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvenanceExample