Re: Definitions and provenance and invariance

I have added some comments to the "smaller example" page: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/FileExample#Comments_.28Paolo.29
in an attempt to understand the definitions. There is also a pretty picture that tries to capture the gist of the example. See if
you like it

I believe I fundamentally agree with Jim when I rename "invariant properties" to "properties whose value is constant across a time
span or a sequence of observable events (which may include transformational processes)". Time is tricky though, as we know, because
of the issues with distributed clocks potentially being used by different observers.

-Paolo

--
Paolo Missier - Paolo.Missier@newcastle.ac.uk, pmissier@acm.org