RE: Definitions and provenance and invariance

I'd like to see this cover cases like the connection between logical document and file - where the document has a 'text string' at a point in time and a file only has a set byte sequence that the asserter, knowing the character encoding, asserts are in correspondence. (I think this is still consistent with the simplified definition, so I'm basically raising this as a further example that goes beyond areas vs. height and width type correspondences to something where things A and B come from different ontologies/are fairly different representations of 'stuff'...)

 Jim