Re: Definitions and provenance and invariance

Hi Luc,
+1 for the definition of "thing".

Regarding IVP:
> the properties they share must have corresponding values
does not follow from the earlier definition part of IVT "An assertion "B is
an IVP of A" ..."
According to the definition if they represent the "same stuff" the
properties (or its values) should be equivalent - correspondence is a weaker
notion (warm temperature may correspond to 32 degrees Celsius in UK, while
it may correspond to 38 degrees celsius in Vietnam).

Further, the example in the Comments section needs to be slightly modified:
1. The temperature conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius - both represent
the temperature property of A and B in different units. If I understand it
correctly, the temperature and not the unit is the property for A and B
2. The "value" of the temperature property need to be equivalent, albeit
expressed in different units.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya