RE: PROV-ISSUE-8: defining generation in terms of `IVPT of'

Luc,

I mention shortcuts only to make it clear that we can separate the
question of whether this model fits the needs a bit from whether we want
to see everything. A bit along the lines of the discussion we had in OPM
between the folks who just wanted to see data derivations - we ended up
with a model of data-process-data with direct data derivation originally
as a shorthand when you didn't want to discuss the process itself. (Not
an exact analogy since we ended up wanting to overload data derivation
to have a more logical/causal flavor versus just being a shorthand).

So - I'm willing to drop back from discussing shorthand notations as
long as we realize that some of the potential criticisms about whether
we think the model is too much work for witnesses or looks too complex
could be addressed by shorthand notations.

 Jim

IPVTs,
> >> as we treat them as invariant for the purpose of what we want to
> >> assert (i.e. from our perspective).
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Simon

> >> it does not transform a cold egg into a warm egg?

> >> these things can be considered IVPTs of a thing that participates
in
> >> the process execution/ is modified by the process execution? And in
> >> an open world assumption, a witness doesn't have to report the
> >> modified thing or can decline to identify/report either of things
in
> >> IVPT roles depending on their ability to observe and the use case
they wish
> to enable?

System.