Re: PROV-ISSUE-7 (define-derivation): Definition for Concept 'Derivation' [Provenance Terminology]

Hi Paul and Daniel.

On 06/08/2011 10:13 AM, Paul Groth wrote:
> Hi Luc, all:
>
> Is it really necessary to go down this road of defining influence. I
> have this fear that we will never bottom out.

Agreed.

> There are certain concepts that need to be defined terminologically
> others may not. It depends on what are the core building blocks of the
> model are.

I suppose we wouldn't want the standard model to be over-constraining,
to allow for many forms of derivations (in physical, digital, conceptual
contexts).

So, what are the (minimum) properties that need to be satisfied in order
to qualify as a derivation?

Luc