Re: PROV-ISSUE-7 (define-derivation): Definition for Concept 'Derivation' [Provenance Terminology]

Hi,

 From the discussion so far on derivation it seems that most people tend
to define derivation between resource states or resources state
representations, but not for resources.

My take on this is that in a context where a resource is mutable,
derivations will mainly be used to associate resource states and
resource states representations.

That said, based on derivations connecting resource states and resources
state representations, one can infer new derivations between resources.
For example, consider the resource r_1 and the associated resource state
r_1_s, and consider that r_1_s was used to construct a new resource
state r_2_s, actually the first state, of the resource r2. We can state
that r_2_s is derived from r_1_s, i.e., r_1_s -> r_2_s. We can also
state that the resource r_2 is derived from the resource r_1, i.e., r_1
-> r_2

PS: I added a defintiion of derivation within this lines to the wiki:
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ConceptDerivation

Thanks, khalid