Re: PROV-ISSUE-53 (sparql-query-is-overkill): can't we have a lighter method to retrieve provenance-uri, given a document uri? [Accessing and Querying Provenance]

SPARQL might well be considered overkill if you had to implement it from
scratch.  But there are now many SPARQL toolkits that doesn't seem to be such an
issue.  If you do a REST interface, it would likely be backed by some kind of
database, so not so much complexity saving there.

I think there's a case for defining a simple REST API that might be implemented
over a SPARQL store using an LDA
(http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification) toolkit, or by
other means.  It's not clear to me if that would receive more developer
attention.  Maybe for the time being we might define both (REST and SPARQL) and
review them as we approach candidate recommendation.  (Oh, but that won't apply
to the PAQ, will it?)

(BTW, SPARQL is not inherently non-RESTful for simple queries.)