Re: PROV-ISSUE-43 (derivation-time): Deriviation should have associated time [Conceptual Model]

Hi Satya,

On 26/07/2011 19:26, Satya Sahoo wrote:
> Hi Khalid,
> > No information about the process pe is inferred. The above merely
> specifies that there exists a process >execution, (which we don't
> know), such that isGeneratedBy(e1,pe,r1) and use(pe,e0,r0)
> If we do not know about pe, then what new knowledge is being added to
> the provenance store using the above rule?

I don't think that such a rule was suggested to infer new information.
It was merely used to clarify what the time t refers to in the assertion
isDerivedFrom(b1,b2,t), i.e., whether t refers to the time in which the
process execution that generates b2 use b1, or the time at which the
process in question generates b2.

Thanks, khalid