Re: simon:entity (or Identifiable)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> The overall thrust of my view is that:
>
> (a) we want fewer classes, not more  (no separate classes for "bob",
> "state")
> (b) a minimal model based on the relationships between entities rather than
> trying to fully ontologize the domain
> (c) that "bob"s should be indentifiable, but not necessarily identified.

That's one reason why I'm trying to push on having just Entities and
Descriptions of Entities (which evolved into BOBs). Descriptions of
Entities are bounded by time, space and/or context, and the
descriptions are fixed, considered "good" within the bounds of the
description. The Entities themselves exist outside of those bounds,
and therefore can change at any time. Since we are attempting to
describe changing entities using a monotonic language, we need to
qualify those descriptions, and keep them separate from the entities
themselves.

Jim
--
Jim McCusker