Re: Agent Sub-Types

Paolo -

In the case of "Trust", I think your solution works and it solves the problem.
There was another thread where someone suggested (I don't remember who now,
sorry) the same thing for system vs. human (this is the user-agent vs. agent vs.
etc.) discussion.  In that case, it doesn't work.

So, here are my thoughts on your email:

 1. Thanks for the solution of "Trust" being an attribute of some sort.  This
    will work.  Either you and/or I should send out a separate email as proposal
    to see what the greater group thinks.
 2. On profiles, I also responded to this, I'm very weary of profiles.  There
    are lots of standards with profiles that have flopped.  At least my strong
    preference is to be as specific as possible in the model and would rather
    risk being wrong on the specific versus generic side given examples like
    HTML, etc. where standards are more successful in gaining adoption when
    erring on the side of specific.  I also realize we don't want to venture too
    far in there, but I think you get my point.

There is also another question that has come up that I do not find an answer to
that I believe is crucial to be answered in order for more concrete definition
on entities:

Does the provenance of an entity begin beyond its physical origination?

I'd like to get a binary answer from the perspective of this working group.  All
the materials that I have studied regarding provenance in the past indicates a
"Yes" to above so I had assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the answer is "Yes".
But I think it's crucial we answer this question and document it on the wiki.