Re: Agent Sub-Types

Hi Reza:

You raise an interesting topic, albeit a tough one.

Trust tends not to be binary, it comes in all shades of grey (e.g., a
degree of confidence).

It is also subjective, the level of trust may depend on the
application, the domain, or the use of the provenance.

So in my opinion, the core of a provenance representation should not
include a representation of trust.  Maybe later we include an
extension to represent trust, but note that many trust metrics can be
derived from a given provenance record.

I am also not sure about your second category.  I am not sure if the
NYT as publisher of an article would be considered "user-agent" or
"system".  I am not sure if my personal email agent should be
considered "system" or "user-agent".

In general, I think ontologizing agency is tricky.

In my opinion, the notion of agent should be eliminated from the model
unless we want to attach a special meaning to a participant which is a
meaning of responsibility for a step/process.

Yolanda