Re: Models and their use

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:
> Simon Miles wrote:
>> To understand the consequences of the above points, I suggest
>> alternative definitions at the link below:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Talk:F2F1ConceptDefinitions#Entity_and_IVP_of
>
> +1
>
> I think this is a big improvement over what we have.

I like the Entity definition, but I'm not sure how we then go about
qualifying assertions about Entities. We need a way of making those
assertions (which is what BOBs were for) and a way of relating
Entities that are the same, even if they aren't mathematically the
same (different state, different aspect, etc.). IVP of as it's defined
there is not quite enough, since it only allows for relations between
entities that have subsumptive (a is IVP of b, therefore a has all the
states of b plus some).

Jim
--
Jim McCusker