Simplicity (was: Regarding the definition of IVP OF)

Hi,

I understood that the notion "IVP of" was something we adopted to faciliatte
discussion about the concepts. I personally feel that it should not appear in
any actual document produced, as I suspect it will continue to beg more
questions than it resolves, and confusing our readership is not the way to get
our outputs adopted, to have impact.

Once we have a notion of what we mean, which IMO should be as simple/minimal as
we can get away with, we should aim to include that meaning directly in the
model specv without the interlocution of this "IVP" notion.  If a formally
defined relationship is required, then define it formally within the model terms
actually used to describe provenance, don't introduce another informal term,
into the document.

I think all this is true particularly of provenenace.  This is something that we
ideally want just about every semantic-web-data-producing application to include
in  their output.  For that to happen (i.e. necessary but not sufficient) the
specification needs to be simple and easy to understand for developers of all
calibres.  Hence, the less we need to say the better.