Re: PROV-ISSUE-49 (Participation): Suggested definition for Participation [Conceptual Model]

From: Satya Sahoo <satya.sahoo@case.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 20:22:58 -0500
To: Luc Moreau <L.Moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: public-prov-wg@w3.org
Hi Luc,
It is interesting that Paul's earlier email raised the issue of
distinguishing participation from control. I strongly agree with Paul's
point and believe the current wasAssociatedWith property captures the
participation notion between Activity and Agent.

Though Association seems to be a weaker notion of participation, I am happy
with that because it will allow us to model scenarios where an Agent
"observes" an Activity, which is distinct from control.

I have other issues with current Activity-Agent relation that I am raising
separately.

I am no objection to this issue being closed.

Thanks.

Best,
Satya