PROV-ISSUE-176 (TLebo): wasInformedBy's non-transitivity example is confusing [prov-dm]

From: Provenance Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:44:30 +0000
To: public-prov-wg@w3.org

PROV-ISSUE-176 (TLebo): wasInformedBy's non-transitivity example is confusing [prov-dm]

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/track/issues/176

Raised by: Timothy Lebo
On product: prov-dm

            ------  a1

             e1

       -------  a2

        e2

     -----  a3

This diagram is confusing and it does not convince me that wasInformedBy is not transitive.

In an attempt to decipher the example, I created the following diagram.

1) Does my diagram also provide an argument that wasInformedBy is not transitive?
2) Could some of the visual argument used in this diagram be applied to the example in DM?

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Tim

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/48af93cb1e1b/diagrams/activity-ordering-records-information-flow-ordering-not-transitive.png