Re: Mapping of prov:label to RDF

> From: Iwan Aucamp <aucampia@gmail.com>

> The prov:label attribute (https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-dm/#term-attribute-label) is not specifically defined in PROV-O (https://www.w3.org/ns/prov#label). However it seems that the intention is that this property should be represented with rdfs:label in RDF, because you have (rdfs:label rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov-o> .). Is this correct? And if so is this explicitly stated somewhere?
>
> This question arose from this issue: https://github.com/RDFLib/rdflib/issues/1291

You are right in that assumption, and many of the PROV-O examples use rdfs:label.

https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/#description-starting-point-terms says

> The properties rdf:type and rdfs:label are used to express prov:type and prov:label, respectively.

Perhaps this could have been made more clear in a kind of mapping table.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, The University of Manchester
https://www.esciencelab.org.uk/

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

    Please note that I may work flexibly – whilst it suits me to email now,
    I do not expect a response or action outside of your own working hours.