Re: Illegal punning in prov-o.ttl, prov.ttl imports broken

On Fri, 12 May 2017 15:34:48 +0200, Paul Groth <pgroth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stian,
>
> Can we break these down into the specific changes you want, namely, the
> removal of
>
>    :wasRevisionOf  a owl:AnnotationProperty, ;
>   :specializationOf  a owl:AnnotationProperty,
>
> These will have to be done in an errata? I believe we can update the
> ontologies directly but need to see what Ivan suggests here.

Yes, that should be sufficient fix. I don't think it needs to be an
Errata as it does not change the specification, just the technical
implementation.

I checked:
https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/#specializationOf
https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/#wasRevisionOf
does not specify AnnotationProperty or not in the HTML, and
it does not have such RDFa statements either.

The only link

  The OWL encoding of the PROV Ontology is available here.

..points to http://www.w3.org/ns/prov-o

(We do however claim to only have 5 axioms that violate OWL-RL
profile:  https://www.w3.org/TR/prov-o/#owl-profile  )

Ivan might correct me, but if I remember right, the flexibility to fix
techie bugs like that is also a reason for why the ontology files lives
under /ns/ rather than /TR/

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
The University of Manchester