Re: [media-types] request for comments on media types section of PROV-XML

* Stephan Zednik wrote:
>link to media type section in editors draft of specification:
>https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/xml/prov-xml.html#media-type
>
>Type name:
>application
>
>Subtype name:
>provenance+xml
>
>Required parameters:
>none
>
>Optional parameters:
>charset - this parameter may be required when transferring non-ASCII data across some protocols.

This should use language as provided in RFC 3023 section 7.1.

>Encoding considerations:
>The syntax of PROV-XML is expressed over code points in Unicode [[!UNICODE]]

As above.

>Security considerations:
>[...]

There are formatting problems here (like use of entity references).

>Published specification:
>PROV-XML: The PROV XML Schema, Hua, Tilmes, Zednik (eds), Moreau <a
>href="http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-xml/">http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-xml/</a>,
>2012.

I believe this is still (after the RFC4288 revision) supposed to
reference a specification that actually includes the template, and
the published draft does not include it.

>Additional Information:
>
>	Magic number(s):
>	PROV-XML documents are XML documents and thus may have initial strings similar to any XML document.
>
>	File extension(s):
>	.provx
>
>	Base URI:
>	As in XML.

I don't understand what that means; I suggest removing this field.

>Author/Change controller:
>The PROV-XML specification is the product of the World Wide Web
>Consortium's Provenance Working Group. The W3C has change control over
>this specification.

Per http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6838#section-5.6 you should put that
into two separate fields. I also note that you don't have any Fragment
Identifier Considerations.