Re: Use cases?

Inline ...
All the best, Ashok
On 11/12/2013 1:34 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> A question about potential use cases that may be of interest to others:
>
> While use cases "for" property graphs are many and varied, not to
> mention being useful for promoting the use of property graphs, are
> those primarily the use cases needed for this community group?
That's what we need to argue to the W3C that we should start a Property Graphs Working Group.
We could do this as we started with Usecase 1 today.
We could also add material that says, for example, graph clustering algorithms could
be used for ....   Shortest path algorithms could be used for ...

> As opposed to use cases that develop the need of property graphs for
> standardized:
>
> 1) One or more interchange syntaxes,
>
> 2) Data types,
>
> 3) Mechanisms for data type extension,
>
> 4) Description of operations performed on (past tense) or that are
> supported by a particular property graph,
>
> 5) Matters of provenance, authenticity, security, etc.
Once we have a strong case for starting a Property Graphs WG, these are important topics
for discussion to give direction to the WG.