  • From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 07:31:14 -0400
  • Subject: Re: Proposed Joint ARIA+APA MTg Date & Time
  • To: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@google.com>
  • Cc: James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com>, Aaron Leventhal <aleventhal@google.com>, W3C WAI ARIA <public-aria@w3.org>, W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>, "public-pronunciation@w3.org" <public-pronunciation@w3.org>
Hi, Cynthia:

I agree I owe everyone a better explanation of agenda. This is not that
email. Rather, it's a quick acknowledgement. I'll need another day or so
to get a better framing message together.

Meanwhile, thanks for reading the Pronunciation spec. It's what I mean
when I refer to "near term problems" in AAPIs, because we have no
mechanism to support screen readers. We also have a gap between AT and
browsers over how we should structure providing spans of SSML:

AT
https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3AAT

Browsers
https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3ABrowsers

 This "near term problem" was easier to define. I'll get a more thorough
 message out before week's end.

 Best,

 Janina