W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pronunciation@w3.org > January 2021

Re: Meeting Minutes: 2021-01-13

From: Paul Grenier <pgrenier@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:07:18 -0500
Message-ID: <CAMq9vGaDR+iA10L7CO78DmGrxa7ZosEGZeyJ1XB+3UjZPODYBw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Pronunciation Task Force <public-pronunciation@w3.org>
I noticed a problem with the generated minutes. I'm pasting my log here in
case we can't get that corrected:

[09:53] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
[09:53] <trackbot> Meeting: Spoken Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference
[09:53] <trackbot> Date: 13 January 2021
[09:53] <IrfanA> present+
[09:53] <IrfanA> RRSAgent, make logs public
[09:53] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, IrfanA
[09:54] <IrfanA> agenda?
[09:54] * Zakim sees 7 items remaining on the agenda:
[09:54] * Zakim 1. Agenda Review & Announcements [from paul_grenier]
[09:54] * Zakim 2. Editor's Draft Updates
https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/technical-approach/#attribute-ssml [from
paul_grenier]
[09:54] * Zakim 3. Review Timeline
https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Timeline [from paul_grenier]
[09:54] * Zakim 4. Github Issues [from paul_grenier]
[09:54] * Zakim 5. Action Updates [from paul_grenier]
[09:54] * Zakim 6. Upcoming Meeting [from paul_grenier]
[09:54] * Zakim 7. Other Business [from paul_grenier]
[09:55] <IrfanA> Chair: Irfan Ali & Paul Grenier
[09:55] <IrfanA> zakim, who is here?
[09:55] <Zakim> Present: IrfanA
[09:55] <Zakim> On IRC I see IrfanA, Zakim, RRSAgent, paul_grenier, becky,
Roy, MichaelC, trackbot
[09:59] == becky [~bgibson@ef89345d.public.cloak] has quit [becky]
[10:00] == Dee [~Dee@ef89345d.public.cloak] has joined #pronunciation
[10:01] <paul_grenier> present+
[10:02] <Roy> present+
[10:03] <Dee> present+
[10:03] == janina [~janina@public.cloak] has joined #pronunciation
[10:03] == JF [~JF@ef89345d.public.cloak] has joined #pronunciation
[10:06] <IrfanA> zaki, who is here?
[10:06] <IrfanA> zakim, who is here?
[10:06] <Zakim> Present: IrfanA, paul_grenier, Roy, Dee
[10:06] <Zakim> On IRC I see JF, janina, Dee, IrfanA, Zakim, RRSAgent,
paul_grenier, Roy, MichaelC, trackbot
[10:07] <janina> present+
[10:07] <JF> Present+
[10:07] <IrfanA> Zakim, pick a victim
[10:07] <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I
propose paul_grenier
[10:07] <JF> agenda?
[10:07] * Zakim sees 7 items remaining on the agenda:
[10:07] * Zakim 1. Agenda Review & Announcements [from paul_grenier]
[10:07] * Zakim 2. Editor's Draft Updates
https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/technical-approach/#attribute-ssml [from
paul_grenier]
[10:08] * Zakim 3. Review Timeline
https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Timeline [from paul_grenier]
[10:08] * Zakim 4. Github Issues [from paul_grenier]
[10:08] * Zakim 5. Action Updates [from paul_grenier]
[10:08] * Zakim 6. Upcoming Meeting [from paul_grenier]
[10:08] * Zakim 7. Other Business [from paul_grenier]
[10:08] <paul_grenier> zakim, next item
[10:08] <Zakim> agendum 1 -- Agenda Review & Announcements -- taken up
[from paul_grenier]
[10:08] <IrfanA> Scribe: Paul Grenier
[10:08] <Roy> scribe: paul_grenier
[10:09] <paul_grenier> zakim, next item
[10:09] <Zakim> agendum 2 -- Editor's Draft Updates
https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/technical-approach/#attribute-ssml --
taken up [from paul_grenier]
[10:10] <paul_grenier> irfan: we need to remove inline SSML approach and
add the two alternatives for attribute model with their examples.
[10:11] == mhakkinen [~mhakkinen@ef89345d.public.cloak] has joined
#pronunciation
[10:13] <paul_grenier> irfan: we're dropping the inline SSML but addressing
issues with JSON-based example with a multi-attribute example. Eventually,
only one approach will survive.
[10:14] <paul_grenier> janina: the first public working draft will have
both attribute approaches and seek feedback
[10:16] <paul_grenier> irfan: we need one more implementation, in addition
to texthelp
[10:16] <paul_grenier> JF: nvda also supports a plugin architecture, could
we pursue a plugin?
[10:17] <paul_grenier> mhakkinen: nvda and orca are python plugins
[10:18] <paul_grenier> mhakkinen: Joanie has been influential with VoiceOver
[10:18] <paul_grenier> JF: how do we get this to be a priority for Joanie?
[10:19] <paul_grenier> janina: we could bring this up for some funding
[10:20] <IrfanA> RRSAgent, make minutes
[10:20] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate
https://www.w3.org/2021/01/13-pronunciation-minutes.html IrfanA
[10:20] <paul_grenier> mhakkinen: we can also bring up the epub
implementation which is all JavaScript based
[10:21] <paul_grenier> janina: irfan and paul need to invite potential
funding
[10:22] <JF> ACTION: Irfan to invite Shadi to our next meeting
[10:22] * trackbot is creating a new ACTION.
[10:22] * RRSAgent records action 1
[10:22] <trackbot> Created ACTION-21 - Invite shadi to our next meeting [on
Irfan Ali - due 2021-01-20].
[10:22] <paul_grenier> zakim, next item
[10:22] <Zakim> agendum 3 -- Review Timeline
https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Timeline -- taken up [from
paul_grenier]
[10:24] <paul_grenier> irfan: dec 2022 for CR is the current goal
[10:25] <paul_grenier> janina: we are somewhat dependent on WHATWG to give
us a reserved prefix to use instead of data-*
[10:25] <paul_grenier> janina: we may need to pad the timeline to account
for coordinating that
[10:27] * mhakkinen need to step away for a short call ... brb
[10:29] * mhakkinen back
[10:30] <paul_grenier> JF: do we add 6 months?
[10:31] <paul_grenier> janina: other TF has gone with 12 months
[10:33] <paul_grenier> mhakkinen: the implementations can proceed without
that approval
[10:33] <paul_grenier> janina: we can't move from CR to PR until we have a
reserved word
[10:33] <paul_grenier> janina: a second CR phase will be needed with the
reserved word
[10:35] <Roy> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/apa/charter-2021/charter.html
[10:37] <paul_grenier> janina: if we have implementations, we may not need
to go to a second CR
[10:37] <paul_grenier> irfan: timeline is updated to 2023
[10:37] <paul_grenier> zakim, next item
[10:37] <Zakim> agendum 4 -- Github Issues -- taken up [from paul_grenier]
[10:37] <paul_grenier> zakim, close this item
[10:37] <Zakim> agendum 4 closed
[10:37] <Zakim> I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
[10:37] <Zakim> 5. Action Updates [from paul_grenier]
[10:38] <paul_grenier> zakim, take up item 5
[10:38] <Zakim> agendum 5 -- Action Updates -- taken up [from paul_grenier]
[10:38] <JF> agenda?
[10:38] * Zakim sees 3 items remaining on the agenda:
[10:38] * Zakim 5. Action Updates [from paul_grenier]
[10:38] * Zakim 6. Upcoming Meeting [from paul_grenier]
[10:38] * Zakim 7. Other Business [from paul_grenier]
[10:38] <paul_grenier> irfan: Mark and I will merge our changes based on
the new demo in github
[10:41] <paul_grenier> JF: CSUN 2021, it's too late. It seems what we'll
want is the implementations so we can do show & tell.
[10:43] <paul_grenier> JF: a python conference would be good if we're
looking for implementors but if we're looking for content authors, we
probably want to focus on places like Educause.
[10:44] <JF> +1 to Janina - implementations is king
[10:45] <paul_grenier> janina: we need to focus on socializing
implementations right now
[10:45] <paul_grenier> JF: (agree) I will draft an document about taking it
out after we have those implementations
[10:48] <paul_grenier> mhakkinen: Debbie Dahl would be interested
(Conversational Technologies)
[10:50] <paul_grenier> JF: maybe in our wiki we can capture all these
socialization ideas
[10:51] <IrfanA> action: JF to create a wiki page for social ideas
[10:51] * RRSAgent records action 2
[10:51] * trackbot is creating a new ACTION.
[10:51] <trackbot> Created ACTION-22 - Create a wiki page for social ideas
[on John Foliot - due 2021-01-20].
[10:51] <paul_grenier> janina: there's a wishlist coming out of RQTF that
we can add to
[10:52] <Roy>
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/pronunciation/track/actions/open
[10:52] <JF> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Socialization
[10:52] <IrfanA> trackbot, close action-22
[10:52] * trackbot is closing action-22.
[10:52] <trackbot> Closed action-22.
[10:53] <paul_grenier> zakim, take up item 7
[10:53] <Zakim> agendum 7 -- Other Business -- taken up [from paul_grenier]
[10:54] <IrfanA> trackbot, close action-19
[10:54] * trackbot is closing action-19.
[10:54] <trackbot> Closed action-19.
[10:54] <paul_grenier> RRSAgent, make logs public
[10:54] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, paul_grenier
[10:54] <paul_grenier> RRSAgent, make minutes
[10:54] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate
https://www.w3.org/2021/01/13-pronunciation-minutes.html paul_grenier
------------------------------
[10:54] <IrfanA> RRSAgent, make minutes
[10:54] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate
https://www.w3.org/2021/01/13-pronunciation-minutes.html IrfanA
[10:59] == JF [~JF@ef89345d.public.cloak] has quit [Ping timeout: 180
seconds]
[11:00] == Roy [ran@815ad96c.team.cloak] has quit ["Leaving"]
[11:02] == Dee [~Dee@ef89345d.public.cloak] has quit [Ping timeout: 180
seconds]

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:55 AM Paul Grenier <pgrenier@gmail.com> wrote:

> link: https://www.w3.org/2021/01/13-pronunciation-minutes.html
>
Received on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 16:07:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 13 January 2021 16:07:44 UTC