Pronunciation Syntax Update?

From: Michael Puckett <michaelcpuckett@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 10:08:32 -0500
To: public-pronunciation@w3.org
Hi, I'm a web developer, trying to make certain words be pronounced
correctly by screen readers. I'm currently using aria-label but I know this
has problems, i.e. for braille.

I was hoping to find an update on the pronunciation syntax.

From the Pronunciation Task Force Timeline:

https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Timeline

> Decide Attribute model or Inline SSML by November 2020.

I read through the 10/16/2020 meeting notes here:

https://www.w3.org/2020/10/16-apa-minutes.html

> reaching a conclusion today isn't practicable, but we have a lot of
suggestions, contacts and approaches. We should pursue those and then
re-assess later.

Is this the latest update? Is there a new target date?

Thanks,
Michael Puckett