W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pronunciation@w3.org > June 2019

Meeting Minutes W3C Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference, June 26, 2019

From: Dyer, Dee <ddyer@ets.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 14:48:25 +0000
To: "Ali, Irfan" <iali@ets.org>, "public-pronunciation@w3.org" <public-pronunciation@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BN7PR07MB4258013BE04CE0577B013272A2E20@BN7PR07MB4258.namprd07.prod.outlook.com>
Hi All,

The meeting minutes are now available at https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html. The full text is also included in this email.


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference
26 Jun 2019
Attendees
Present
IrfanA, janina, Dee, SteveNoble_, Christine, Roy
Regrets
Chair
Irfan
Scribe
Dee
Contents

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#agenda>
1.   TPAC 2019<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item01>
2.   New Membership<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item02>
3.   User Scenarios<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item03>
4.   Use case document<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item04>
5.   New Membership<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item05>
6.   Gap Analysis<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item06>
7.   Timeline<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item07>
8.   other business<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#item08>

  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-pronunciation-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

________________________________

<IrfanA> looks like there is an issue with telephone line.

Yes, I am having issues too.

<janina> Yes, RQTF went dead just at 10AM

<janina> Webex still not answering here

<IrfanA> * what are the options now?

<janina> I think only some of us have audio

<janina> Ah, audio

TPAC 2019

<Roy> scribe: Dee

Irfan: There is a page that has been created. Need to get specific about meetings. We want to meet with publishing (Thursday). Irfan will send a list for meetings to Janina.

New Membership
User Scenarios

Irfan: changes added last week.

Paul: will give a more thorough read this week.

Use case document

Paul added informaiton. Irfan reviewed it. Will discuss with Mark.

Paul: part of the spec is the HTML unknown element. If browser encounters a tag that is not known, it uses essentially a div. If we were to use SSML, the browser would skip it. The issue is that it would not be valid in the HTML5 doc type. Need to get the spec updated.

Janina: will bring this use case to W3C group.

Paul: Will add to use case document to include custom elements.
... This would be something to demonstrate how it could be used.

Janina: Defined test approach for custom element is data.

Paul: I will write it up as SSML-, can be changed later.
... custom element is everything we can do to make it feel like SSML in the page. Data- attributes are not as well protected. It might be harder to use this convention.
... Not everything that is expressed in XML can be expressed in JSON. It may be best to keep things as close to XML as possible.

Janina: will raise this question with WebApps

Paul: comfortable programming either way

<Christine> Need to drop off.

Paul: next step to add custom element solution to the document and create demo

Janina: go with data-ssml for now
... x-ssml is fine

New Membership

Steve and Mark had a call. Discussed direction. Steve will put time in this week.

Irfan: Need to look at CSS speech document.

<IrfanA> https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/NOTE-css3-speech-20180605/


Irfan: This document is expired, but is useful for reference.

Need to account for why the CSS speech approach is not sufficient.

Gap Analysis
Timeline

Irfan: We will review the timeline in mid-July.

other business

Irfan: Even though there is a holiday next week. We will meet next week.

<Roy> https://labs.w3.org/repo-manager/pr/id/w3c/pronunciation/25


<janina> Roy, your audio is very hot

Roy: use link to link GITHUB and W3C account.

RRS Agent, make logs public

RRS Agent, make minutes

thanks

Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]




Thank you,

Dee Dyer
Assessment Process Specialist
Accessibility and Alternate Formats
Phone: 609-683-2127

________________________________

________________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.


Thank you for your compliance.

________________________________

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 14:48:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:49:46 UTC