W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pronunciation@w3.org > June 2019

W3C Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference, June 12, 2019 -MEETING MINUTES

From: Dyer, Dee <ddyer@ets.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:44:38 +0000
To: "public-pronunciation@w3.org" <public-pronunciation@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BN7PR07MB4258BCC23ABBFDA9523895E5A2EC0@BN7PR07MB4258.namprd07.prod.outlook.com>
Hi All,

The meeting minutes are now available at https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html. The full text is also included in this email.

- DRAFT -
Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference
12 Jun 2019
Attendees
Present
Dee, Irfan, Christine, Roy, janina, mhakkinen, JF, SteveNoble
Regrets
Chair
Irfan
Scribe
Dee
Contents

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#agenda>
1.   New Membership<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item01>
2.   TPAC 2019<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item02>
3.   User Scenarios<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item03>
4.   Use case document<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item04>
5.   Gap Analysis<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item05>
6.   Timeline<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item06>
7.   other business<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#item07>

  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2019/06/12-pronunciation-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

________________________________

Agenda

<Irfan> scribe: Dee

Zakim next item

New Membership

<JF> scribe?

<JF> scribe: Dee

Irfan, new member, applied to task force, sent email, will take it offline

TPAC 2019

Janina: no update

Irfan: finding flights is a challenge
... will make list of items so that meetings can be scheduled

Janina, direct flights are available from Hawaii

Irfan will share list of topics when it is done.

User Scenarios

Irfan: any updates?

Sam: has not had a chance to review. Has not seen anything elsewhere. Haven't observed any new contributions to date.

Christine: has not seen anything either. Made one comment.

Mark: Added news reader use case, UC21.
... news service could benefit from pronunciation markup
... added an issue in Github

<Irfan> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues/21


Christine: no additions at this time, open to suggestions

Irfan: we all need to review the document. Please provide feedback.

Christine: would like more detail.

Use case document

Irfan: Paul was working on it. Discussed approach in the last meeting.
... Paul is not here today. Spoke to Mark about issue JSON approach.
... Why don't we provide all SSML to XML format rather than JSON? Paul created issues with examples.

<Irfan> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues/23


Mark: Alexa apps are not HTML apps.
... Amazon is purely SSML, not mixed languages
... We looked at JSON based on feedback about the notion of inlining SSML into HTML was a nonstarter.

Janina: Direct is better. Let's take it to TPAC.

Mark: Not just web apps, have to include AT assistive technology consumer

Janina: have several markup approaches to present
... Give Chris Wilson a heads up before TPAC
... spec needs to be as generally applicable as we can make it

Mark: once we have more substance, we need to take the information to AT vendors
... focus July to start conversations.

Gap Analysis

Mark: no updates at this time. Taking a look at all of Paul's examples.
... Will talk to Steve on Friday, 11 am EST.

Timeline

Irfan: review mid-July
... continue work on documents
... request all to look at issues

other business

<Christine> Need to Drop Off

Mark: ICT conference submission deadline this Friday, will Sam be submitting something?

Sam: For ICT accessibility testing symposium, still working on it. Create draft and send to various group members, promotional vehicle
... Goal is to complete the initial submission

Mark: will also submit something to ATIA conference in January
... proposed session on high stakes assessments and pronunciation

RRS Agent, make minutes

Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]

Thank you,

Dee Dyer
Assessment Process Specialist
Accessibility and Alternate Formats
Phone: 609-683-2127
________________________________

________________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.


Thank you for your compliance.

________________________________
Received on Wednesday, 12 June 2019 14:45:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:49:46 UTC