Re: Agenda for Privacy CG call on 2023-01-12

Hello,

Looking at the minutes of the meeting I see a similar use case of iFrame
facing a "similar best practice translation" problem of the core issue of
sandboxing and access of data, cookies. I wish you could help me loop in
the W3C WebApp security Group for the benefit in large.

I had a small feature request:
Sandboxing access and CSRF, XSS, Script Inject attacks/ based Background
data send blocking.

"I wanted to propose sharing of work on features and IP Process of Security
Sandboxing (Feature/Domains) for the browsers. The focus is to create hard
sandboxing of browsers to target XSS, CSRF, Cross Domain
Shared/non-shared Cookie Access Blocking from third party domains.
Possibly, ScriptInjection (urls, plus ...) as well.". The knowledge
database for blocking CSP, XSS, CSRF, CS-Cookies, Script Injection in URLS,
Images, etc are already available and sandboxing along with sanity checks
using a strict mode option in these sections may be a great fit for browser
feature and W3C standard both? Domain hard sandboxing is one of the many
target points I may also wish to explore considering so many cross domain
cookie thefts and forgeries; apart from the fact that MIM attacks are yet
one breach point that may need to be addressed separately.

I wish the team shared their views. I wish I could share some/ many I have
faced.

Regards,
Ganesh B