Re: First-Party sets and the potential application of the JournalList trust.txt specification

Hi Ralph,

This could be very helpful. I do have a question about the "control" and
"controlledBy" fields, along with the definition of "control".

Right now there is still an open topic of discussion about how First-Party
Sets will define common control for members of a set.

There is a workable definition of "controller" in GDPR: "natural or legal
person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with
others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal
data." FPS is intended to be international, but this definition is the best
one I have found so far.

(For purposes of trust in journalism, data controller would probably be
necessary but not sufficient--the definition of control would have to
include content-related control.)

Would you consider making the definition of "control" more specific, to
include the GDPR language or similar on data stewardship?

Best,
Don