Re: State of dynamic storage epochs?

Howdy howdy,

We haven’t done anything in this direction so far, mostly for implementation difficulty reasons and competing resources, but for a couple other reasons too:

1. 3p state in frames in Brave is cleared when the top level site is closed (no more top level frames), so we just in general have far less state sticking around in general
2. We’ve using script injection / resource replacements to sandbox state for known-unwanted 3p scripts. We call the automated system we use for generating these SugarCoat [1], and it lets us effectively give targeted scripts frame-lifetime, sandboxed state. We ship these on desktop and android currently.

Happy to say more if it’d be helpful!
Pete

1: https://brave.com/research/files/sugarcoat-ccs-2021.pdf