Re: Privacy Review - Decentralized Identifier Specification v1.0

Hi Brent,

Apologies for the lack of feedback, this is a good nudge that we should have a better way of communicating “no blocking issues” to groups after doing reviews (most of our process assumes that some issues were found, and how to work with the group on resolving them). I’ll make a note to bring this up in our next PING / chairs call.

After discussing the review on the most recent PING call, our feeling is that there are no blocking privacy concerns in the spec. However, several PING members were concerned with how future specs will build on the DID work, and the potential privacy implications there.

We think the best approach here is to discuss these concerns, ongoing, as future specs build on the DID work, and so will discuss then. We're also available to work with your group on the upcoming specs before transition if it'd be helpful.

Thanks again and please let me know if we can help further.

Pete