From: Christine Runnegar <runnegar@isoc.org<mailto:runnegar@isoc.org>>
Subject: [PING] agenda for 24 September 2020 UTC 16
Date: September 18, 2020 at 3:41:31 PM PDT
To: public-privacy <public-privacy@w3.org<mailto:public-privacy@w3.org>>

Here is the agenda for our upcoming call.

1. Privacy review of the Web Share API

Spec: https://www.w3.org/TR/web-share/

Security and privacy considerations: https://www.w3.org/TR/web-share/#security-and-privacy-considerations

2. Privacy review of CSS Coloraturas Module 4

Spec: https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/

Security and privacy considerations: https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#priv-sec

The CSS WG identified a potential risk - System Colors. They note that feature previously existed, and was deprecated, for example in CSS Color Module Level 3 which is a W3C Recommendation.

They note that they now find that they are unable to fully deprecate the feature, partly due to Web-compatibility and partly due to an interaction with an accessibility feature, forced colors mode which is defined in a different specification. However, they also note that have continued to deprecate some little-used colors and made the interpretation of the remaining ones more generic.

3. Privacy review of CSS Cascading and Inheritance Level 3

Spec: https://www.w3.org/TR/css-cascade-3/

Security and privacy considerations: https://www.w3.org/TR/css-cascade-3/#priv-sec

Thank you to Melanie, Mallory and Scott for leading the reviews of these specs.

Christine