Re: Privacy HR requested for JSON-LD 1.1 Syntax, API and Framing

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out on this.  I the three documents you sent over a couple of close reads, but I still am not clear on a couple of privacy-relevant issues.  I was hoping you could clarify the following issues.  If it’d be better to discuss too, we could also schedule a call with all of PING, but that would have to wait until the next PING call (in ~2.5 weeks) and I imagine you’d like to move faster than that :)

1) I don’t see a point where the described API touches the Web API.  How is this intended to be used by applications running in the browser?

2) What privacy relevant information is sent with calls to the [documentLoader](https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11-api/#dom-jsonldoptions-documentloader) end point?  Cookies or similar?  If so, pulled from what origin (and single or double keyed), etc?  In general more explanation of how this interacts with the browser is needed.

3) If this is intended to be implanted in browsers, have any vendors implemented it?  Generally W3C prefers at least two independent implementations of functionality before standardizing / recommending.

4) How does the contextUrl interact with other URL / origin specific privacy features in the browser (same origin policy, CORS, etc?)

Thanks much!

Pete Snyder
{pes,psnyder}@brave.com
Brave Software