From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org>>
Subject: Next steps for WoT and Privacy? (was Re: WoT and provicy)
Date: 21 June2019 at 9:40:21 AM PDT
To: Christine Runnegar <runnegar@isoc.org<mailto:runnegar@isoc.org>>, tjwhalen@gmail.com<mailto:tjwhalen@gmail.com>, weiler@w3.org<mailto:weiler@w3.org>
Cc: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org<mailto:wseltzer@w3.org>>, team-wot@w3.org<mailto:team-wot@w3.org>, "Kaebisch, Sebastian" <sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com<mailto:sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com>>, Takuki Kamiya <tkamiya@us.fujitsu.com<mailto:tkamiya@us.fujitsu.com>>, contact@charpi.fr<mailto:contact@charpi.fr>, Michael.Lagally@oracle.com<mailto:Michael.Lagally@oracle.com>, elena.reshetova@intel.com<mailto:elena.reshetova@intel.com>

Hi Tara, Christine, Sam and all,
adding the WoT Chairs (team-wot) and Editors (Sebastian, Taki, Victor, Lagally and Elena) to CC

Thanks a lot for inviting us to the PING call yesterday!  We really
appreciate your kind help to improve the WoT Thing Description [1]
and the WoT Architecture [2] from the privacy management viewpoint.

Our impression from the call was that you were interested in providing
concrete comments on our GitHub issues to propose improvements.

If so, please raise your issue(s) on the following GitHub repos with
the yellow "Privacy" label.

* WoT Thing Description issues:
  https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues

* WoT Architecture issues:
  https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues

Please note that as we mentioned during the call, the WoT Architecture
is abstract architecture design and the WoT Thing Description is the
concrete data model definition for IoT purposes. So we'd expect your
comments mainly for the WoT Thing Description. Also please note that
as I mentioned during the call, we might be going to make some of your
issues "v.next" if those issues are difficult for the current version.

Regarding the timing of your comments, by when do you think you could
give your comments on the above GitHub repositories? As we mentioned
during the call, we're planning to transition to Proposed Recommendation
shortly. So the earlier, the better. For example, do you think you by chance
could provide your comments on Monday, June 24? Or do you need some
more time, e.g., June 27?

BTW, I personally think it would have been better for us to start with
some more abstract/general summary about the WoT mechanism, e.g.:

* McCool's presentation during the AC meeting:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/Talks/ac-slides/lt-michael-mccool/wot.pdf

* WoT Thing Description explainer document for TAG review:
  https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/TD-TAG-review/explainer/Explainer.md

* WoT Architecture explainer document for TAG review:
  https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/TAG-review/proposals/WoT%20Architecture%20Explainer.md

Also we should have mentioned the WoT Security and Privacy Guidelines
document much earlier:
  https://w3c.github.io/wot-security/

Sorry the way we presented our specifications during the call yesterday
was not necessary the best one.

[1] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/
[2] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

Thanks again,