Re: Web Audio API for review

On 06-Feb-18 00:42, Tom Ritter wrote:
> I have a followup question - I'm curious what the intended resolution
> of the timers that Web Audio will expose are. Millisecond? Nanosecond?
> I'm afraid I don't really know much about audio, so while I think 'a
> sample rate of 48000' can get converted to milliseconds somehow, I'm
> not sure what the math is there...

Audio processing works not in instantaneous single samples but on blocks
of samples, because many operations require to know the previous or next
values. Audio is thus processed in blocks of 128 samples, called a
'render quantum' in the spec.

For a sampling rate of 48,000 this comes to 128 / 48,000 = 2.67
milliseconds.