Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-03.txt

Hi Ilya,

Looks good; I left a few editorial-ish notes in the pull request.

How do others feel? Note that (as I mentioned in an issue just now), I think our role here is to define the protocol elements and the potential privacy/security impact of using them, not to detail exactly how Web browsers are to use them. That's specified in the Fetch spec, and should happen over there. Make sense?

Ilya -- I also see this happening over at NetInfo: <https://github.com/WICG/netinfo/issues/46>. Is that something that we should be including here, or is it too early? How likely is it that it will deprecate Downlink?

Cheers,

Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/