Re: Privacy protection principles

Dear Kepeng, all, I'll try to summarize below our previous experience on
this matter.

As far as I know there have been some approaches to try to go in more
detail from high-level privacy/data protection principles (OECD, ISO, GDPR,
 or other) to lower-detailed requirements closer to the technical domain.

For example, the EU-funded PRIPARE project [1] developed an early catalogue
of requirements from ISO29100 and EU GDPR principles. The idea was to move
from the set of high-level principles into more ellaborated privacy
guidelines and from there into a set of detailed technical requirements, in
a process named as requirements operationalization. You can see the actual
catalogue in the PRIPARE handbook [2], Annex B. Some other researchers have
followed a similar path, and you can find, for example, a taxonomy of
requirements refining the privacy goal 'transparency'. [5].

As I said this was an early effort within a somehow small research project,
and thus the catalogue requires further refinement, elaboration and
consensus, but is an early step in our vision on how some of the privacy
principles can be further detailed and how it is aligned with the
risk-driven approaches [3], enabling a systematic approach to engineering
privacy when developing information systems. Indeed, this vision was
inspired by earlier works at W3C, for example, within the Accessibility
domain [4].

These are my 2 cents.

Regards,

Jose M. del Alamo
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid

[1] http://pripareproject.eu/
[2]
http://pripareproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/PRIPARE-Methodology-Handbook-Final-Feb-24-2016.pdf
[3] Notario, N. et al., PRIPARE: Integrating Privacy Best Practices into a
Privacy Engineering Methodology, IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops (SPW),
.. doi: 10.1109/SPW.2015.22
[4] Martin et al., Privacy Requirements Engineering: Valuable Lessons from
Another Realm, 1st International Workshop on Evolving Security and Privacy
Requirements Engineering - ESPRE2014, pp. 19-24. doi:
10.1109/ESPRE.2014.6890523
[5] Meis, R. et al. A Taxonomy of Requirements for the Privacy Goal
Transparency. In International Conference on Trust and Privacy in Digital
Business. Springer International Publishing.