Re: Super Cookies in Privacy Browsing mode

On Thursday 15 January 2015 16:35:23 David Singer wrote:
> Here’s an example.  A couple of years ago I used ‘private browsing’ on our
> home computer to look for my wife’s present. Yes, all the history, cookies
> etc. were cleared of the history.
>
> But when I checked ‘search history’ on Google, of course, there was all the
> data! Servers are currently unaware that the user is currently trying to do
> something private; I am suggesting this as a way that they can be aware and
> nice, without actually impacting their business.

Yes, this could be a signal that could be carried over an extended DNT
infrastructure. And you need the feedback from the server to make sure they're
actually doing it. And if they lie, let the legal system do the work...

Yep, this was also meandering through my thought garden and is an extension of
the sticky policy paradigm, if you think it through..

 --Rigo