Re: Fwd (TAG): Draft finding - "Transitioning the Web to HTTPS"

"henry.story@bblfish.net" wrote:

> without TLS you may be in a tent but you have no idea if the people
> you are talking to are the ones you think they are, or if the
> communication has been altered along the way.

Still a problem with TLS. Some mechanism for detecting altered content
would benefit both use cases. Yeah, no security is perfect, but I don't
see how any solution actually solves the problem without some sort of
integrity check, which would change the entire framing of this debate,
for the better, if it existed.

-Eric