Re: Survey: Almost half of Japanese against companies browsing personal data - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

Thanks Karl -

That's really interesting, and a useful set of data points.

I don't think we should be surprised that the Japanese have a strong and nuanced set of expectations around personal privacy, though. Language and social behaviour are strongly influenced by the notion of being "inside" or "outside" the social circle of the individual, for instance. If anyone's interested, the Wikipedia entry about this is quite good:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchi-soto

Robin Wilton
Technical Outreach Director - Identity and Privacy
Internet Society

email: wilton@isoc.org
Phone: +44 705 005 2931
Twitter: @futureidentity