Re: search engines: right to be forgotten, sitemap.xml proposed solution

On Dec 13, 2012, at 13:14 , Joe Alhadeff <joseph.alhadeff@oracle.com> wrote:

> The data protection Directive is not applicable to an individual using information for household or personal purposes.  These are mostly applicable to commercial players.

Sorry, I am using that as an analogy.  If a business operator sees me…

essentially, what control rights do I have over data about me that was legitimately observed in a public setting?  what retention rights exist for that data?  do those rights come into conflict?

David Singer