Re: search engines: right to be forgotten, sitemap.xml proposed solution

Hi Thomas,

The functional requirement to not be indexed can already be
accomplished with a robots.txt. However, for content indexed it is more
difficult. Sitemap.xml has the functionality to indicate when a robot
should revisit (if I am correct). It would strengthen the protocol
however is on a granular level, it would be possible to indicate the
retention time of a specific content element. That is the functionality
I am interested in.

I would like to accomplish two actions: first, on the webmaster side,
adding meta data to the content, which signal data subject’s wish to the
outer world (e.g. expiration date, or do-not-index, etc.) and second,
extending the functionalities of existing protocols in order to
implement more standardized data access rules for external parties
(search engines in primis).

Rob