Re: privacy definitions -- was: WebID questions

On Wednesday 17 October 2012 14:49:03 David Singer wrote:
> Don't tell me that you are using cookies - they can be quite
> innocuous. Tell me you're tracking me.  And so on.

This was the basic idea behind P3P. But the browsers favored cookie-
blocking tools. DNT can't do the trick. The UI issue is really
tricky. In the Primelife project we found out that a button that
goes to a privacy dashboard was well received (we had usability
studies on that by CURE)

So it may be that we have to touch on the basic idea again and adapt
it to the landscape of today. There is a gazillion ways of
expressing a state on the Web today. It is not only about
fingerprinting, but also about the whole range of means for client
side storage.

Best,

Rigo