Re: Privacy by Design in APIs

Hey Robin,

Have you had a chance to look at this privacy consideration document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-privacy-considerations-02

You may find some of the content relevant.

There are really basic things you need to think about first. For example,
think about the scope of your document. Who is the target audience? A
resulting document will look very different if you are addressing the
protocol developers in the W3C (as compared to someone who deploys a
complete solution).

You also do not reference any terminology, which leads to endless confusion.
For this purpose you may want to look at this document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-privacy-terminology-01

I have plenty of additional comments but I want to get these high-level
things discussed first.

Ciao
Hannes