Re: Privacy Design Guidelines by GSMA

I'm a little puzzled here.  GSMA is an carrier association, not an app
developer association.  (And those are *very* *different*
communities.)  Did anyone actually talk to app developers about this?

On skimming, the content looks pretty non-controversial (at least for
this crowd), but I have serious doubts about a carrier-generated
document getting implemented by developers.  For example, the carriers
might be happy to say "don't collect personal information", since
their revenue streams don't depend on it; empirically, app developers
have a very different opinion.

--Richard