Re: Lightning talk at W3C camp

* Peter Kraker wrote:
>I would like to give a lightning talk on post privacy, i.e. the notion
>that the (almost) total loss of privacy is inevitable. I could also
>see this as a topic for a breakout session where we would discuss
>potential frameworks for such a world (for example the idea of
>information accountability), and how to implement them on a technical,
>social, and legal level.

Well, if you have a look at George Orwell's 1984 there is the idea that
language can be dumbed down so much that instead of talking about ideas
like privacy, and privacy, and privacy, privacy, and probably also the
idea of privacy and privacy, maybe even privacy and privacy, all we can
think and talk of and about would simply be privacy; we would lack the
ability to talk about privacy, specific aspects of privacy like privacy
and much more general aspects like privacy, and privacy. In the book it
is a bit of a gradual process with new editions of the newspeak dictio-
nary: initially we would talk about privacy, privacy, privacy, privacy,
and privacy, then only about privacy, privacy, and privacy; then after a
new edition of the dictionary only about privacy and privacy, and then
we would end up talking only about privacy, probably with the idea that
the loss of (what's left of) privacy is inevitable aswell...