Re: Lightning talk at W3C camp

Hello everybody.
It has been very interesting to read the proposals that have been
formulated and
certainly they are a real contribution to the discussion.

Notwithstanding the above and trying to keep in mind the group's goals i
would think, as a starting point to add some ideas:

1) Digital Citizens. This is a group of people born in an era where everybody
can has a real and virtual life, this is a reality, and many of them
probably never would things in a real life but they feel free to act or
write or say the opposite y a virtual life. In one aspect they keep their
privacy in a higher level than in the other (virtual).

2) Privacy Values. In this scenario, and as several of you have mentioned, is
diffuse and difficult transmit the value of privacy. I do not think so the
privacy is dead. In our internal forum every human being has always the
opportunity to found themselves and living situations that they keep in
that sphere, alone or accompanied.
I believe that public knowledge of issues that recently were considered
private has increased, mostly because today is easy and cheap the access to
internet.

3) Teach About It: I think there is a great challenge to pass on to these
"digital citizens" that they are the owners of something  really valuable, that
they must care for and for which they have control tools.

4) Notifications: I consider very important that W3C has a pro-active stance to
the previous point, for example if any person is surfing on internet they
can be informed with an alert sistem (pop ups, for example) "this
information will be available for the entire network" (as Karl says
"geographical
space"), "this information icould be use in any time", "if this file
contains an image of yourself or others, please evaluates ..." etc. If you
think we always are alerted with this type of messages when we do bank
transfers, so if we do that for that reasons  I think that dont be dificult
accomplish with the same standar in a so sensitive issue.

In relation with promotion of standards, I consider, as a key encourage
the  realization of APIs especially in OECD countries, particularly in the
governments.

Regards.
Danielle.