Re: "CSI just called, you're in."

Le 18 oct. 2011 à 12:55, Rigo Wenning a écrit :
> I think we need further research on the "right to be forgotten" to erase
> content from the web. But this is tricky.

Before that, there are low hanging fruits that we do not use.
Increasing opacity (or if you prefer increasing friction in
sharing features.)

Many issues we have with erasing or "right to be forgotten"
come from a very poor framework for controlling how we share.

For example tumblr is checking the license of an image before
allowing users to make a copy of it on their system. It will
not block über users but it will create more "opacity".
http://la-grange.net/2009/09/05/tumblr-partage

Another feature in the preferences of tumblr is search engine
blocking. This is a kind of robots.txt. I would like to see
robots.txt evolved in a way that would allow to give UI for
users to easily set the ACLs for each of their resources.
robots.txt is dumb and often the only solution for a proper
blocking of user agents is .htaccess (when running under
Apache).
http://la-grange.net/2009/04/03/tumblr-searchengine

Another one which is a bit harder. I haven't seen any social
network doing that. When you meet someone physically for the
first time, you will reveal bits of your past at your will,
your narrative, etc. On the Web, once someone joined your
"private" profile (in fact shared with the company providing
the service), the person has access to all your past
activities and information instead of showing only data in
the future. This would remove a pressure on adding "friends".

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/